At Maison Rose, we want to make sure that you enjoy your candles while burning them safely, so please take note of the candle care guidelines below.
- Prior to burning your candle, trim the wick at least ¼ inch, every time. This prevents uneven burning, dripping or flaring.
- Keep the pool of wax free of wick trimmings and any debris.
- Place your candle on a solid, heat-resistant surface. This will help prevent possible heat damage to counters and table surfaces.
- Avoid drafts, vents or air currents to prevent uneven burning and excessive dripping.
- Don’t exceed burning your candle for more than 4 hours at a time.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended or lit while sleeping. Be sure to extinguish all candles before you leave a room or go to sleep.
- Never touch or move a burning candle, while the wax is liquified.
- Don’t burn your candle all the way down.
- If you’re burning multiple candles, place each candle at least three inches for one another, to ensure they won’t melt one another.
- Extinguish a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repetitively, then let the candle cool and trim the wick.
- Do not burn your candle near anything that can catch fire - for example, furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, etc.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets. Don’t place your lit candle anywhere near where it could be knocked over.
- Do not use water to extinguish a candle, as this can cause the hot wax to splatter and could break the glass container.
- Before you exit a room, make sure your candle is completely out.
- Don’t touch the candle until it has cooled down.