What is Aromatherapy and How Does it Help Me?
Aromatherapy is a holistic healing treatment that uses natural plant extracts to promote health and well-being. It's also known as essential oil therapy. Aromatherapy uses aromatic essential oils medically, to improve the health of the body, mind and spirit.
How does aromatherapy treatment work?
Aromatherapy treatment works through the sense of smell and skin absorption, using products like diffusers, bathing salts, body oils, and of course, candles. There are several types of essential oils available to use for aromatherapy in the mentioned forms.
Each essential oil has an array of unique healing properties, uses and effects. Combining essential oils to create a synergistic blend creates even more benefits, just like we do here at Maison Rose. You can read more about the essential oils we use for aromatherapy in a recent blog post.
What are the benefits of aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy has several benefits, and below we mention some of them.
- improve sleep quality
- reduce stress, agitation, and anxiety
- soothe sore joints
- treat headaches and migraines
- alleviate side effects of chemotherapy
- ease discomforts of labor
- fight bacteria, virus, or fungus
- improve digestion
- improve hospice and palliative care
- boost immunity
What are some conditions that aromatherapy can help treat?
As mentioned above, aromatherapy has several benefits. It can also give the ability of treating conditions.
- menstrual issues
What are some of the more popular essential oils?
There are several types of essential oils, some of which we use to make the candles at Maison Rose. Each essential oil has its benefits. Below we explain some of them:
- Peppermint Oil: It is used to boost energy and help with digestion
- Lavender: Helps to relieve stress
- Sandalwood: Helps to calm nerves and focus better
- Orange: Decreases inflammation and is an depressant
- Bergamont: Helps reduce stress and improve skin conditions such as eczema
- Rose: Used to improve mood and relax
- Chamomile: Helps with relaxation
- Ylang-Ylang: Used to help tread headaches, nausea and skin conditions
- Tea Tree: Fights infections and boosts immunity
- Jasmine: Helps fight depression, childbirth and libido
- Lemon: Helps with digestion, mood and headaches
- Cucumber: Detoxifies skin, helps to keep calm and relieve stress
- Cinnamon: Reduces nervousness and improves circulation
- Eucalyptus: Clears respiratory passages, eases muscle and joint pain
For more details on the most popular essential oils, you can read our recent blog post on essential oils and their benefits.
Check out our candle collection, where we carry several candles that use essential oils. At Maison Rose, we offer radiant soy candles that are 100% plant-based, eco-friendly and are beautifully scented. Get yours today www.maisonrose.co.